More than 65 delightful games and activities to jump-start your baby's amazing brainpower
Can simply singing a song or blowing a dandelion under a toddler's nose help her mind to blossom? Can your baby count, remember events, and solve problems even before he can talk? The exciting answer to both questions is yes!
Breakthrough research is revealing the extraordinary inborn abilities of infants. It is also showing how experiences during the first years of life profoundly influence intelligence, creativity, language development-and even later
reading and math skills.
Now two psychologists and child development experts-authors of the bestselling Baby Signs-have created a delightful guide for parents based on the most up-to-date knowledge of how babies discover the world. You'll learn how to:
- Create a homemade mobile to stimulate your three-month-old's delight in solving problems
- Play a patty-cake game to help your two-year-old make logical connections
- Initiate bedtime conversations that build your child's memory and sense of personal history
- Develop "Baby Signs" to help your toddler communicate before he or she can talk
- Stimulate your child's natural number skills with puppets and counting games
- Use nursery rhymes and special read-aloud techniques to foster reading readines
- Nurture budding creativity with humor and fantasy play
- And much more!
Baby Minds is not another program for creating "super babies." Instead it builds on activities that babies instinctively love to develop their unique abilities and make your daily interactions full of the joy of discovery - for both of you.