Beyond The Tiger Mom
How can Western parents unlock the secrets of Asian academic success? Using a comparative lens, educator and mother, Maya Thiagarajan examines the differences between Asian and Western approaches to parenting, family values, and education. Packed with practical tips and interviews with parents, as well as the latest educational research, this invaluable guide shows how to raise successful children by blending the best of East and West.
- Help your child achieve maximum academic potential
- Train your child to expand his or her attention span
- Find the right balance between work and play
- Help your child see failure as a learning experience
- Learn how to raise tech-healthy kids